Playing your tube amp in a great sounding room with an exceptional choice of perfectly matched speaker cabinets and microphones is truly joyous and an unparalleled experience. The Torpedo Captor X is for tube amp lovers who crave this every time they play – no matter the environment.
The compact solution to your amp being too loud
Play your tube amp at its sweet spot and control your volume with the attenuator, anywhere. You can even enjoy your 100 watt rig in silence with an immersive headphone experience.
Fed up with lifting heavy cabinets, inconsistent sound and stage volume issues? Go direct to the PA and audio interface with studio-grade cabinet simulations.
Effortlessly control the miking chain
Wish to explore a legendary backline of speaker cabinets and microphones? Pair Torpedo Captor X with your phone, tablet or computer using Torpedo Remote.
No other compact reactive load box offers such universal control of the miking chain and with dual miking per cabinet, you may never use a real mic again.
Two XLR outputs – three possibilities
Enjoy the stereo experience when playing at home but in a live or studio situation you may wish to route the outputs differently. Enable Dual Mono routing and send different signals to your FOH and monitors.
Wish to change the tone after recording your killer riff? Enable Dry / Wet routing to send both your cab sim and dry amp signal independently to your audio interface.
Enhance your tone
Torpedo Captor X brings studio-grade processing to the Torpedo Captor family including a Twin Tracker, Stereo Reverb, Enhancer and Voicing.
Twin Tracker is an automatic double tracker. Your mono amp sound is routed to the left output and Twin Tracker creates another track (a virtual guitarist) on the right channel in real-time. The slight differences in timing and attack contribute to a beefed-up tone and massive sound.
Two notes Audio Engineering developed an entirely new Stereo Reverb algorithm for Torpedo Captor X. Use the Space control to adjust the width of your stereo field; create subtle studio room acoustics and immense rooms for ambient soundscapes.
Sometimes you need a touch of magic to get the sound you are chasing – the Enhancer is a combination of dynamic and tone shaping tools, tailored for your guitar, and bass. Thickness and Brilliance emphasize the low end and high end of the tone, respectively. Body will render your tone fuller and more present.
Voicing is a fast tone control enabling you to change the overall sound of all your presets at once. You may need to make a quick fix to adapt your sound to the venue you’re playing or the session you’re recording. Dial left to emphasize the mid frequencies and cut better through the mix and dial right to get a more scooped and modern tone.
Two notes Audio Engineering Torpedo Captor X
Torpedo Captor X is a compact reactive load box, tube amp attenuator, miked cab simulator, IR loader and stereo expander for home, live and studio use.
A- Power the unit with the supplied adapter
B- Send Stereo, Dual Mono or Dry/Wet signals through the XLR DI outputs.
C- Eliminate unwanted hum caused by ground loops
D- Ensure the fan is kept clear.
E- Connect the supplied ⅛” jack to MIDI cable adapter for MIDI control.
F- Control Torpedo Captor X from a computer (Windows or macOS) via Torpedo Remote. USB cable supplied.
G- Connect speaker cabinet here with a ¼” jack SPEAKER cable.
H- Choose your cabinet volume level:Low position is Home level. Halfway position is Club level. Full position is Stadium level
I- Connect your amplifier’s output here with a ¼” jack speaker cable (8 Ohms output, 100W RMS max admissible power)
1- Monitor the input and output levels with the grill LED (red = clipping signal)
2- Control the level of the headphone and XLR DI outputs.
3- Adjust your global tone depending on tube amp choice and playing environment.
4- Add room space to widen the stereo effect on the headphone and XLR DI outputs.
5- Ensure the vent is kept clear.
6- Plug your headphones here.
7- Set the input level to avoid clipping of the signal.
8- Instantly switch between your favorite presets.
The Torpedo Captor X comes with a selection of 32 Two notes cabinets and much more
Register your Torpedo Captor X and get 3 additional virtual cabinets and 30 exclusive presets.
Note: All product names mentioned on this website are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Two notes Audio Engineering.
• Compact Reactive Load Box (8 Ohm, 100-watt RMS).
• Tube Amp Attenuator: Home (-38dB), Club (-20dB), Stadium (0db).
• Torpedo IR-based technology creating Dual-miked Virtual Cabinets.
• Dual IR Loader: 512 memory slots for custom IR files.
• Loaded with 32 Virtual Cabinets, 128 preset locations.
• Instantly select your favorite preset direct on the hardware (PRESET).
• Choose from 8 microphones per cabinet and 8 room simulations.
• Torpedo Remote for effortless control of all parameters e.g. position of mics.
• XLR DI Outputs (3 routing options: Stereo, Dual Mono, Dry / Wet).
• Silent playing with Immersive Headphone Experience.
• Stereo Reverb including SPACE control on hardware.
• EQ: Semi-parametric in Torpedo Remote, VOICING hardware control.
• Twin Tracker virtual guitarist.
• Enhancer with Body, Brilliance and Thickness controls.
• Noise gate with learn function.
• Dual Mono: Send dedicated signals to FOH and monitors with different EQ & Reverb.
• Dry / Wet: Send Cab Sim to audio interface from one output and dry on the other.
• Two notes Wall of Sound plugin included for processing of dry recordings.
• Audition 300+ Virtual Cabinets via the Torpedo Remote online library.
• Explore / purchase official cabinets from MESA/Boogie™, Celestion™, Orange™, Suhr™, REVV™ and more at store.two-notes.com
• Rugged, metal case: road ready and portable.
• USB Torpedo Remote (Windows and macOS) connectivity.
• MIDI Torpedo Remote connectivity
• Wireless (Phone / Tablet) Torpedo Remote connectivity (Android and iOS).
360° view of Torpedo Captor X
• Dimensions: 128 (w) x 175 (d) x 64 (h) mm
• Weight: 1.3 kg
• SPEAKER IN: 1/4″ jack unbalanced (TS)
• SPEAKER OUT: 1/4″ jack unbalanced (TS)
• PHONES output: 1/4″ jack balanced (TRS)
• LEFT/RIGHT outputs: XLR Balanced (Maximum output level: 15 dBu. Impedance: 600 Ohms)
• MIDI input: 1/8″ jack balanced TRS. Jack to MIDI cable adapter supplied.
• Micro USB B port. Micro USB-B to USB-A cable supplied.
• Mains power adapter: 100-240v AC / Output: 12V DC, 1A supplied.
• 24 bits / 96 kHz converters
• Bandwidth (-1dB): 30Hz – 19 kHz
• Signal/Noise ratio: > 95 dB
• Internal processing at 32 bits
• Latency: 2.2 ms (SPEAKER IN to LEFT/RIGHT OUTPUTS)