the miking chain
WALL OF SOUND INCLUDED
This product comes with a lifetime licence for the Torpedo Wall of Sound plug-in.
Load DynIR cabinets directly in your DAW and mix with complete control over your tone.
Expand your cabinet collection
This product allows access to over 400 DynIR cabinets from official brands and studios.
Explore the collection now and find the perfect DynIR cabinets for your tone and style.
Included DynIR Cabinets & EFFECTS
Torpedo Captor X
Torpedo Captor X is preloaded with a comprehensive selection of 32 DynIR cabinets for guitar and bass.
Register your Torpedo Captor X (via Torpedo USB Remote) hardware to claim 3 free DynIR cabinets on your licence.
- Angl Pro30 : Inspired by Engl® 4×12” Celestion® Vintage 30
- Angl VintC : Inspired by Engl® 4×12”
- BDeLuxe : Inspired by Fender® Blues Deluxe
- Brit 65O : Inspired by Marshall® 1965A 4×10” Celestion® G10L-35 open back
- Brit VintC : Inspired by Marshall® Slash Signature 4×12” Celestion® V30 closed back
- Calif StdC : Inspired by Mesa/Boogie® Rectifier® Standard 4×12” Celestion® V30 closed back
- Eddie : Inspired by Peavey® 5150 2×12” Sheffield 1200
- Eggbeater : Inspired by Egnater® Egnater® Tourmaster 2X12
- Fastback25 : Inspired by 4×12 cabinet Celestion® Pre-Rola G12M Greenback
- Forest : Inspired by Elmwood® cabinet
- Free Rock2 : Inspired by VHT® Deliverance 2×12” Eminence® P50E
- GreenArtC : Inspired by Marshall® 4×12 cabinet for JMP amplifier
- Green Tri : Inspired by Hughes&Kettner® Triamp 4×12” Celestion® Greenback
- Jazz 120 : Inspired by Vintage Roland® JC120 2×12”
- JubilGreen : Inspired by Marshall® 2550 2×12” Celestion® Greenback
- Kerozen : Inspired by Diezel® 4×12” Celestion® G12K-100
- RackHeroJP : Inspired by Custom Audio Amplifier 2×12 cabinet Celestion® Vintage 30
- Rand NB412 : Inspired by Randall® Signature Series 4×12 cabinet Celestion® Greenback
- SilverJen : Inspired by Vintage Fender® Twin Reverb® 2×12” Jensen® C12K
- StrongBack : Inspired by VHT® Fat Bottom series cabinet P50E speaker
- Tanger 30C : Inspired by Orange® 1×12 cabinet with Celestion® Vintage 30 speaker
- The One : Inspired by Brunetti® Neo1512 1×15” & 1×12”
- Vibro V30 : Inspired by Vintage 1961 Fender® Vibrolux® 1×12” Celestion® V30
- Voice 30 : Inspired by Original Vox® AC30 JMI 2×12” Celestion® “Silver Bell”
- Watt FanC : Inspired by Hiwatt® 2×12” Fane closed back
- XTCab : Inspired by Bogner® 4×12” Celestion® V30
Additional DynIR cabinets upon hardware registration (via Torpedo USB Remote)
- Calif C90 : Inspired by Mesa® 1×12″ with Celestion® C90
- Rand RD112 : Inspired by Randall® 1×12″ with Celestion® Vintage 30
- Romanum2 : Inspired by Cicognani2 Imperium® 2×12” with JENSEN® speaker
- Alu XL : Inspired by Hartke® XL 4×10”
- Bull Neo2 : Inspired by 2×10″ cabinet
- Fridge9 : Inspired by Ampeg® 8×10”
- Heaven Top : Inspired by David Eden® 4×10”
- Marco : Inspired by Markbass® 2×10”
- New York : Inspired by Markbass® 4×6”
- Frequency and dynamic shaping
- Thickness and Brilliance for low-end and high-end emphasis
- Body for shaping the mid-range
- Guitar and bass modes
TWIN TRACKER :
- Automatic double tracker (left output: you / right output: virtual guitarist)
- Dynamically changes the attack and timing of the ‘ghost’ player
- Balance controls the separation of the twin guitarists in the stereo field
- Tightness controls how close the ‘ghost’ matches your playing
REVERB (12) :
- Studio A, Studio B, Loft, Cathedral, Basement, Hall A, Hall B, Crypt, Spring, Plate, Tile and Echo
- Space knob controls the width of the stereo field
- Post virtual cabinet EQ
- 3 modes: Guitar (5-band), Bass (5-band), Custom
- Custom mode: 5-band semi-parametric (-20dB to +20dB range) plus adjustable low shelf
- Fast global tone control
- Dial left to emphasize the mid-frequencies
- Dial right to cut the mids for a more scooped tone
NOISE GATE :
- Removes unwanted floor noise
- Noise level “learn” function
- Hard / Soft mode
IR LOADER :
- Easily switch from DynIR to static IR loader mode
- Store hundreds of static IRs on the included memory card
- Option to blend two standard .wav IRs
- IR lengths up to 200ms
- Adjustable performance mode, ultra-low latency of 2.2ms
- Access via hardware or Torpedo Remote
- Customisable “A” frequency from 410Hz to 490Hz
DynIR SPECIFICATIONS :
- Every DynIR Virtual Cabinet is captured with 8 carefully selected microphones inc. dynamic, condenser and ribbon industry-standard mics.
- DynIRs automatically phase correct as the virtual mics are moved
- Blend two microphones (per cabinet) together
- Have direct access to 400+ Virtual Cabinets via the DynIR Cabinet Collection
MICROPHONE POSITIONING x 2 :
- Front and back of cabinet
- Distance : from close miking to room tone
- Axis : from cone center to speakers edge
Can I mismatch the impedance of the Torpedo Captor X and my amp / speaker?
It is generally accepted that a small mismatch is not a problem if you play the amp at a low level, but this isn’t a general rule.
WARNING Before mismatching impedances – please read this article.
Can I use an amp more powerful than the rated power of the Torpedo Captor X?
The published ratings of amplifiers do not follow a uniform pattern. For example, some tube amps (mostly vintage or from vintage inspiration), can output more power than advertised.
If your amplifier outputs more than 100W RMS, discover how to protect your amp when using a Torpedo Captor with this detailed article.
What is a load-box / attenuator?
A load-box/attenuator provides a dummy load to run a tube amp at a reduced level or silently (in place of a speaker cabinet).
To discover more about load-boxes and attenuators and what they do, and more importantly how they protect your amp, find out more in this article.
Torpedo Remote? What’s it for?
Torpedo remote is a software application designed to make controlling your Torpedo device as easy as possible, to find out how to get started with Torpedo Remote.
For more information about how to use Torpedo Remote with your Captor X, please read this article.
Why should I register my Captor X?
When first opening Captor X via Torpedo Remote, You are asked if you would like to register the product with Two notes. When the Captor X is registered to your account, you are given 3 extra cabinets for free! The Calif C90, Rand RD112 and the Romanum2.
Is it standalone? Do I need a computer?
You can us the Torpedo Captor X standalone, but some of the editing (including charging cabinets within library) will require USB connection to Torpedo Remote. Most of the finer tweaking can be performed via the Torpedo Wireless Remote app via a phone/tablet.
Can I use it with a preamp?
The Captor X requires a high level of input to operate such as the output of a power amp. Without a high level of input, you could damage the device.
Can I connect it to an FRFR speaker?
From the XLR outputs only. The Captor X speaker out has been designed for regular guitar/bass cabinet use.
Can I use the outputs simultaneously? (headphones, XLR and speaker outputs)
All outputs work simultaneously and independently. For example, you can play your amp and use the attenuator (through the speaker output), while sending the full torpedo processed signal of your amp to your DAW (through the XLR outputs).
Input / Output
1/4″ jack unbalanced (TS)
1/4″ jack unbalanced (TS)
1/4″ jack balanced (TRS)
Left / Right outputs:
Maximum output level: 15 dBu
Impedance: 600 Ohms
1/8″ jack balanced TRS
Jack to MIDI cable adapter supplied
USB 2.0 Micro-B
USB Micro-B to USB A cable supplied
Dimensions & weight
Width x Depth x Height*:
12.8cm x 17.5cm x 6.4cm – 5″ x 6.7″ x 2.5″
*Including connectors and knobs
1300 g / 2.9 lbs
Maximium Admissible Power :
8Ohm or 16Ohm depending on version
Attenuation levels :
-38 dB, -20 dB, 0dB
Studio-grade 24-bit / 96 kHz
30 Hz – 19 kHz
> 95 dB
2.2 ms (Speaker Input to Left/Right Outputs)
Power input connector:
DC connector, 2.1mm x 5.5mm, center negative
100-240v AC to 12v DC 2A