WALL OF SOUND INCLUDED
This product comes with a lifetime licence for the Torpedo Wall of Sound plug-in.
Load DynIR cabinets directly in your DAW and mix with complete control over your tone.
Expand your cabinet collection
This product allows access to over 500 DynIR cabinets from official brands and studios.
Explore the collection now and find the perfect DynIR cabinets for your tone and style.
Included DYNIR CABINETS & Effects
WITH Torpedo Captor (via Wall of sound plug-in)
Torpedo Captor is a 100 Watt RMS Reactive Load Box available in 4, 8 or 16 Ohms. Register your Torpedo Captor hardware to claim your 16 free DynIR cabinets and your Torpedo Wall of Sound lifetime licence.
- PinnacleHG : Inspired by Dr. Z ® “Z-Best®” Thiele Ported 2×12 with v30’s.
- Voice30Blue : Inspired by the Vox® AC30® loaded by the famous Celestion® Blue AlNiCo®.
- TangerFat : Inspired by PPC412HP© 4×12 Orange® with Celestion® Heritage G12H (55Hz)
- Burn It : Inspired by Brunetti® Dual Cab XL 2×12 half back with Eminence® The Governor.
- Recto Over : Inspired by a Mesa Rectifier 4 x12 Cabinet. Equipped with a Celestion® Vintage 30.
- BigBaby K100 : Inspired by Zilla® FatBaby, 1×12 Closed Back. Equipped with a Celestion® G12K-100.
- Studio ZG12H : Inspired by Zilla® Studio Pro, 2×12 Closed Back. Equipped with V30 and G12H Creamback 75.
- BrownyBack : Inspired by a 4×12 perfect for “the Brown Sound”, equipped with Celestion® Greenbacks.
- Brit1935 : Inspired by a Marshall® 4×12, dating from 1971. Equipped with OG Celestion® “Rola” speakers.
- Fried30 : inspired by Friedman® 4×12 Vntage equipped with Celestion® V30.
- Ferret : Inspired by Suhr® Badger 2×12” OB equipped with Warehouse® Veteran30.
- BoGreen : Inspired by Bogner® 4×12 equipped with Greenbacks G12M25 Reissue at 16ohms.
- Fridge 9 : Inspired by Ampeg® V.9 9×10”.
- NewYork : Inspired by Markbass® 4×6” equiped with 4×6″ Neodymium speakers custom made by B&C®.
- WGrandBlvd : Inspired by Ampeg® B15N 1×15” CB equiped with Jensen® C15N, Vintage Ceramic Speaker.
- Fat Mama : Inspired by Ampeg® SVT-410HE 4×10 equiped with Eminence® Speakers.
POWER AMP EMULATOR :
- Four classic tube types : EL84, EL34, 6L6, KT88
- Two circuit types : Class A (Single Ended) and Class A/B (Push-Pull)
- Two tube modes : Pentode and Triode
- Volume, Contour and Depth knobs
- Sculpts the tone coming out of the Virtual Cabinet
- Five customisable semi-parametric bands going from -20dB to +20dB (and a low-cut filter)
- Dynamics and frequency shaping tool to beef up your tone
- Low and High knobs for low-end and high-end emphasis
- 8 legacy Room Ambience algorithms (Studio A & B, Loft, Cathedral, Basement, Hall A & B, Crypt)
- Based on high-end studio rack compressors
DYNAMIC IR SPECIFICATIONS :
- Virtual Cabinets come with captures from 8 studio and live microphones (Dynamic, Condenser, Ribbon)
- Dynamic IRs are phase-corrected, preventing any phase issue
- Blend two microphones together
- Have direct access to 400+ Virtual Cabinets via the DynIR Cabinet Collection
MICROPHONE POSITIONING :
- Distance : from close miking to room tone, seamlessly
- Axis : from cone center to speaker shell, seamlessly
- Front and back of the cabinet
Frequently asked questions
Torpedo Captor (4, 8 & 16)
Is the Torpedo Captor 100% analog?
Yes, the Torpedo Captor is 100% analog.
What is a load box?
The term that describes a speaker cabinet with respect to the amplifier is the “load” and when using a tube amplifier, you should always connect to a speaker cabinet or “load”. The embedded load in the Torpedo Captor is reactive and it simulates the complex impedance of a real speaker. Unlike traditional resistive loads, the Torpedo Captor reactive load feels like you are still connected to a cabinet, retaining the warmth and dynamics of your amplifier. The reactive load takes the place of your speaker cabinet in your signal chain.
Can I mismatch the impedance of the Torpedo Captor and my amp / speaker?
There is not a general rule but it is widely accepted that a small mismatch is not a problem if you keep the amp at a low level.
Can I use an amp more powerful than the rated power of the Torpedo Captor?
Please note the published ratings of amplifiers do not follow a uniform pattern. For example, some tube amps (mostly vintage or from vintage inspiration) can output more power than advertised. This is because some manufacturers give power ratings for the amp played clean and it is not uncommon to see a 100W vintage non-master volume and/or single channel tube amp outputting up to 150W when cranked up to max.
Can I change the built-in analog cab sim?
No, the analog cab sim emulations for Guitar (based on Brit VintC DynIR cabinet with Dyn57 Microphone) and Bass (based on Fridge DynIR cabinet with Cnd87 Microphone) are preset.
What is the primary difference between the Torpedo Captor and the Torpedo Reload?
The Torpedo Captor is a passive attenuator and does not require a power supply when used solely as an attenuator. It features a simple, non-adjustable attenuated output (ATT). A power supply (or phantom power) is only required when using the XLR DI output. The Torpedo Reload attenuator is active (requires power) and has a continuously adjustable attenuated output (zero to full). The Reload also features a full set of re-amping tools.
Can I use the XLR DI and/or Balanced Jack Output with either the Speaker Thru or Attenuated output simultaneously?
Yes but please note the Speaker Thru and Speaker Attenuated outputs cannot (by design) be used simultaneously.
Input / Output
Speaker Input :
1/4″ Jack unbalanced (TS)
Speaker Attenuated Output :
1/4″ Jack unbalanced (TS)
Speaker Thru* :
1/4″ Jack unbalanced (TS)
Directly connected to Speaker Input
*Loadbox disconnected when in use
Line Output* :
1/4″ Jack balanced (TRS)
Impedance: 1000 Ohms
*Without speaker simulation
DI Output :
Impedance: 600 Ohms
*With or without speaker simulation
Analog speaker sim :
Guitar : based on Brit VintC DynIR Cabinet – Dyn57 Microphone
Bass : based on Fridge DynIR Cabinet – Cnd87 Microphone
Reactive Load Box
4, 8 or 16 Ohms
Max admissible power :
Safety system :
Active thermal safety
Input voltage :
Phantom power or 9-12V DC jack, 2.1×5.5mm, negative center.
Current draw :
Power input connector:
DC connector, 2.1mm x 5.5mm, center negative
Power is required only for the XLR DI output and analog speaker sim
Dimensions & weight
Width x Depth x Height*:
12.6cm x 17.5cm x 6.2cm – 4.9″ x 6.7″ x 2.4″
*Including connectors and knobs
Weight: 1000 g / 2.2 lbs