Torpedo Wall of Sound…
… is a speaker and miking simulation plugin. A plugin is a software you can load on a track of your sequencer, such as Cubase, Logic, Pro Tools, Reaper, inside your Digital Audio Workstation. You can feed WoS with a dry amp track coming from one of our Torpedo digital or analog loadboxes (silent miking of a tube amp), the sound coming from our preamplifiers such as Le Crunch or Le Bass, or to replace the speaker simulation section of your favorite amp modelling plugin. WoS can be used to load any Two notes virtual cabinet that you bought or got with a hardware Torpedo product.
Exclusive Torpedo technology
Highly realistic speaker simulation is achieved by use of convolution. Two notes started from that technology and brought it much further, to accurately reproduce the characteristics of the whole miking chain (speaker, microphone, preamplifier, studio room acoustic).
Many parameters influence the sound of your guitar or bass rig when it comes to recording. Taking good care of the cabinet selection and miking will dramatically improve the sound of your takes. The Torpedo simulation reproduces the tiniest variations of a cabinet behaviour such as frequency response and distortion. Move the microphone in the virtual studio room thanks to the Torpedo IR synthesis, control the phase with the Variphi: all the settings you need to achieve great recordings are here.
Choose your favorite cabs
From vintage to modern cabs, including bass cabs, the in-app Boutique will allow you to test and buy the ones you prefer for your guitar or bass amps — directly from the plugin’s interface! There are currently over 300 speaker-cabs available, you can try them all.
With the collection of cabs, you will find in the Wall of Sound plugin all the fantastic component-based tube power amp simulations. EL34, EL84, 6L6 or KT88 — simply choose the tube that will color your sound.
Mike like a Pro!
Want more focus? Get closer to the cone.
Two notes’s exclusive proprietary cabinet and microphone measurement technology
accurately emulates the sound and process of miking a guitar or bass cabinet in a professional recording studio.
One powerful audio Engine, two ways to drive it
Arcade and Simulation are two different types of presets that can be saved within Torpedo WoS. We borrowed the concept of Arcade VS Simulation from the world of video games.
The Arcade preset mode is usually the easy way to, for example, drive a race car. You can hit obstacles, other cars, you can still win the race. We recommend that for your first experience with Torpedo Wall of Sound you start with the Arcade preset mode to get more familiar with the concept of virtual miking.
The simulation preset mode is not for beginners and requires more experience and knowledge about how the car actually works, depending on many tiny but still important parameters (weather, type of tires, track design…). In that preset mode you will gain access to the full list of parameter, to fine tune your sound and make it perfect to your ears.
Stack the cabs!
You can mix up to 20 different cabs within a single plugin instance. Now you can emulate multi-microphone setups, multi-cab recordings, stereo processing and so on… It is all really up to your imagination!
Whatever the DAW you use, you must be able to use your plugins. That is why Torpedo Wall of Sound is compatible with both Mac (Intel) and PC (with native 32 and 64 bits compatibility), and features AU, VST, RTAS, and AAX formats.
Optimized processing, low CPU usage and very low latency (< 0.3ms).
3rd party IR compatible.
Both the plugin and the cab collection can be updated directly from the plugin.
FREE TRIAL – FULL LICENSE PRICE
Once your plugin is properly installed, create a new project in your DAW and insert the plugin on a track.
Free evaluation license
By creating a Two notes user account, either here or during the first launch of WoS, you will get a free 30-day evaluation license, which includes 2 virtual cabinets, 8 microphones, and 8 power-amp simulations.
To obtain a permanent license of use and continue using Torpedo WoS after the 30 days evaluation period, you can buy one or several virtual cabinet (other than the 2 already included, which remain free). You can pick and choose which ones you want to buy directly from the in-app Boutique or at the Two notes Store. A Virtual Cabinet is only 6.69EUR excl. VAT and we offer a special discount based on how many cabinets you buy at once. Don’t forget to check for special offers and bundles…
Try and buy Virtual Cabinets in La Boutique
Once you have become familiar with the sound and operation of Torpedo WoS, feel welcome to explore the in-app Two notes Boutique (providing your computer is connected to the Internet). You will be able to audition in real time and have the option to purchase additional cabinets. Just buy the ones you like, or go for some specifically designed custom bundles.
- Mix up to 20 cabs inside a single plugin instance.
- Stereo processing
- 3 plugin sizes (S, M and XL)
- Presets are compatible with all the Torpedo range of products
- Browse, listen to, and buy the cabs you prefer directly on the in-app, integrated Boutique.
- The plugin will check for updates — of course you will need Internet access for this functionality to work.
- Shortcuts available to speed up your workflow while working with the plugin
Torpedo Wall of Sound comes with a selection of 2 Two notes cabinets and much more
Note: All product names mentioned on this website are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Two notes Audio Engineering.
Available Two notes virtual cabinets
More than 300 are now available, and the number is continuously growing. Thanks to our Capture Masters program, studios all over the world are producing Two notes virtual cabinets. Go to La Boutique section of Torpedo WoS to get the full up-to-date list.
- AAX (ProTools 10.3.6 +)
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Mac OSX is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Advanced algorithms based on convolution.
Torpedo technology : Two notes’ exclusive proprietary cabinet and microphone measurement technology accurately emulates the sound and process of miking a guitar or bass cabinet in a professional recording studio.
Moreover, contrary to all other softwares based on convolution, the Torpedo technology will allow you to freely move the microphone in front of the cabinet, as if you were in a real recording studio, with your microphone in front of the cabinet.
Ultra low latency (< 0.3 ms), the plugin is optimized for low CPU usage.
Virtual cabinet files compatibility
- Two notes Virtual Cabinets files
- TUR files (generated by Torpedo BlendIR)
- 3rd party Impulse Responses (wav & aiff files)
- 2GHz CPU (mono or multi-core), 32 bits (x86) or 64 bits (x64)
- 512 MB RAM
- 100 MB free disk space
- Windows 7, 8, 10 — 32 or 64 bits
- Mac OS X 10.11 + (Intel only)
- Audio interface
- VST, AU, AAX or RTAS compatible DAW (Torpedo WoS is not a standalone application)
- Torpedo Wall of Sound VST plug-in for Windows DAW 64-bit Version 4.3.7 (76 MB) - (mirror1, mirror2, mirror3)
- Torpedo Wall of Sound VST plug-in for Windows DAW 32bit Version 4.3.7 (76 MB) - (mirror1, mirror2, mirror3)
- Torpedo Wall of Sound AAX plug-in 32 bit for Windows Version 4.3.7 (76 MB) - (mirror1, mirror2, mirror3)
- Torpedo Wall of Sound AAX plug-in 64 bit for Windows Version 4.3.7 (76 MB) - (mirror1, mirror2, mirror3)
- Torpedo Wall of Sound VST3 plug-in for Windows DAW 32-bit Version 4.3.7 (76 MB) - (mirror1, mirror2, mirror3)
- Torpedo Wall of Sound VST3 plug-in for Windows DAW 64-bit Version 4.3.7 (76 MB) - (mirror1, mirror2, mirror3)
- Torpedo Wall of Sound AU plug-in for Mac OSX 10.11+ Version 4.3.7 (47 MB) - (mirror1, mirror2, mirror3)
- Torpedo Wall of Sound AAX plug-in for Mac OSX 10.11+ Version 4.3.7 (48 MB) - (mirror1, mirror2, mirror3)
- Torpedo Wall of Sound VST plug-in for Mac OSX 10.11+ Version 4.3.7 (47 MB) - (mirror1, mirror2, mirror3)
- Torpedo Wall of Sound VST3 plug-in for Mac OSX 10.11+ Version 4.3.7 (47 MB) - (mirror1, mirror2, mirror3)
MAC OS ARCHIVE
For Mac OS users prior to MAC OS 10.11
Warning: GarageBand users on macOS 10.13 High Sierra, please refer to this article
- Torpedo Wall of Sound VST plug-in for Mac OSX 10.x-10.9 Version 4.1.6 (88 MB) - (mirror1, mirror2)
- Torpedo Wall of Sound RTAS plug-in for Mac Version 4.1.6 (45 MB) - (mirror1, mirror2)
- Torpedo Wall of Sound AU plug-in for Mac OSX 10.x-10.9 Version 4.1.6 (88 MB) - (mirror1, mirror2)
- Torpedo Wall of Sound AAX plug-in for Mac OSX 10.x-10.9 Version 4.1.6 (89 MB) - (mirror1, mirror2)