Try out the Torpedo technology for free.
Test and buy your favorite Two Notes cabs on the Boutique.
Download the new Torpedo WALL OF SOUND III and create your Two Notes account to start enjoying all of the plug-in’s functionalities.*
NB: If you need to install the plug-in on an offline computer, please click on “Help” here above.
The Torpedo WALL OF SOUND III is free to evaluate, and comes with 8 microphones, 8 power-amp simulations, and 2 virtual cabinets: BritVintC and WattfanC.
(Click here for more information.)
You can use and evaluate all of the plug-in’s functionalities for 30 days. At the end of that period you will be reminded to place your first cabinet purchase in order to get a full, definitive license of use.
The Wall of Sound III plug-in requires no iLok dongle.
* You will be required to create a new customer’s account, but this does not imply any purchase obligation.
Our customer Help Desk is open to you if you have any technical questions, or questions regarding your PI-101 license.
Choose your favorite cabs!
From vintage to modern cabs, including bass cabs, the in-app Boutique will allow you to test and buy the ones you prefer for your guitar or bass amps — directly from the plug-in’s interface! There are currently over 50 speaker-cabs available, you can try them all.
Power amp simulation
With the collection of cabs, you will find in the Wall of Sound III plug-in all the fantastic tube power amp simulations originally developed for the Torpedo VM-202.
EL34, EL84, 6L6 or KT88 — simply choose the tube that will color your sound.
Mike like a Pro
Want more focus? Get closer to the cone.
Two Notes’s exclusive proprietary cabinet and microphone measurement technology
accurately emulates the sound and process of miking a guitar or bass cabinet in a professional recording studio.
Stack the cabs!
You can mix up to 100 different cabs within a single plug-in instance.
Now you can emulate multi-microphone setups, multi-cab recordings, stereo processing and so on… It is all really up to your imagination!
Whatever the DAW you use, you must be able to use your plugins. That is why the Torpedo Wall of Sound III is compatible with both Mac (Intel) and PC (with native 32 and 64 bits compatibility), and features AU, VST, RTAS, and AAX formats.
Optimized processing, low CPU usage and very low latency (< 0.3ms).
3rd party IR compatible.
Both the plug-in and the cab collection can be updated directly from the plugin.
What’s new with Wall of Sound III
- Browse, listen to, and buy the cabs you prefer directly on the in-app, integrated Boutique.
- Mix up to 100 cabs inside a single plugin instance.
- Stereo processing
- 3 plugin sizes (S, M and XL)
- Presets are compatible with all the Torpedo range of products
- CPU optimizations
- The plugin will check for updates — of course you will need Internet access for this functionality to work.
- Shortcuts available to speed up your workflow while working with the plugin
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Mac OSX is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Advanced algorithms based on convolution.
Torpedo technology : Two Notes’ exclusive proprietary cabinet and microphone measurement technology accurately emulates the sound and process of miking a guitar or bass cabinet in a professional recording studio.
Moreover, contrary to all other softwares based on convolution, the Torpedo technology will allow you to freely move the microphone in front of the cabinet, as if you were in a real recording studio, with your microphone in front of the cabinet.
Ultra low latency (< 0.3 ms), the plugin is optimized for low CPU consumption.
WoS files (Two Notes cabinets)
TUR files (generated by Torpedo BlendIR or Capture)
3rd party Impulse Responses (wav & aiff files)
- 2GHz CPU (mono or multi-core), 32 bits (x86) or 64 bits (x64)
- 512 MB RAM
- 100 MB free disk space
- Windows Vista, 7, 8 — 32 or 64 bits
- Mac OS X 10.5 + (Intel only)
- Audio interface
- VST, AU, AAX or RTAS compatible DAW (Torpedo WoS is not a standalone application)
The Torpedo Wall of Sound III is free for evaluation only, and includes 2 cabs, 8 microphones, and 8 power-amp simulations. To get more cabs and thereby obtain a valid license of use, you can pick and choose directly from the in-app store which cabs you wish to buy for your guitar/bass amps.
Studio microphones & power-amp simulation
The Torpedo Wall of Sound III plug-in features 8 carefully selected standard studio microphones:
- Ribbon 121, based on Royer® R121
- Ribbon 160, based on Beyerdynamic® M160N
- Dynamic 57, based on Shure® SM57
- Dynamic Bass52, based on Shure® Beta 52
- Dynamic 421, based on Sennheiser® MD421
- Dynamic Bass20, based on Electrovoice® RE20
- Condenser 87, based on Neumann® U87
- Condenser Knightfall, based on Blue® Dragonfly
WoS III also features a powerful tube power-amp simulation to add warmth to your audio tracks.
4 types of tube:
The Wall of Sound III plug-in comes with two cabinets
- Brit VintC: Marshall® Slash Signature 4×12″ Celestion® V30 closed back
- Watt FanC: Hiwatt® 2×12″ Fane closed back
All other cabs are available for purchase on the Boutique
Guitar cab models
- 2Notes CSG: Two Notes Custom 1×12″ ElectroVoice® EVM12L
- Alichino: Cornford® Harlequin 1×12” OB Celestion® Vintage 30 UK
- Angl VintC: Engl® 4×12″ Celestion® V30
- Bayou: Jenkins® Sound Lab 2×12” OB Eminence® Patriot Swamp Thang
- BDeLuxe: Fender® Blues Deluxe 1×12″
- Blonde 63: Fender® Bassman ’63 Blonde Tolex Piggy Back 2×12″
- Brit 65C: Marshall® 1965A 4×10″ Celestion® G10L-35 closed back
- Brit 65O: Marshall® 1965A 4×10″ Celestion® G10L-35 open back
- Brit Std: Marshall® JCM900 2×12″ Celestion® G12T
- Brit VintO: Marshall® Slash Signature 4×12″ Celestion® V30 open back
- Calif C90: Mesa/Boogie® 1×12″ Celestion® C90 (Black Shadow)
- Calif StdC: Mesa/Boogie® Rectifier® Standard 4×12″ Celestion® V30 closed back
- Calif StdO: Mesa/Boogie® Rectifier® Standard 4×12″ Celestion® open back
- Can Abyss: Supro® Clone 1×12” OB Eminence® Patriot Cannabis Rex Hemp Cone
- Eddie: Peavey® 5150 2×12″ Sheffield 1200
- Feline: Bad Cat® 2×12” OB Celestion® Bad Cat® Proprietary
- Ferret: Suhr® Badger 2×12” OB Warehouse® Veteran30
- Forest: Elmwood® 2×12″ Celestion® V30
- Free Rock: VHT® Deliverance 4×12″ Eminence® P50E
- Free Rock2: VHT® Deliverance 2×12″ Eminence® P50E
- Green Tri: Hughes&Kettner® Triamp 4×12″ Celestion® Greenback
- Jazz 120: Vintage Roland® JC120 2×12″
- JubilGreen: Marshall® 2550 2×12″ Celestion® Greenback
- JubilV30: Marshall® 2550 2×12″ Celestion® V30
- Kerozen: Diezel® 4×12″ Celestion® G12K-100
- Monarch: Tone King® Galaxy 2×12” OB Tone King® 33′ Custom Designed
- Prime A: Divided by Thirteen® FTR37 2×12” OB Celestion® Blue & G12H30 70th Anniversary (mic G12H30 side)
- Prime B: Divided by Thirteen® FTR37 2×12” OB Celestion® Blue & G12H30 70th Anniversary (mic Blue side)
- R2D2: Musicman® 112 RD 1×12” Electro-Voice® EVM12L
- RackHero: Custom Audio Amplification® 4×12” CB Alien Transformer® 20W Greenback clones
- Silver77: Vintage Fender® Twin Reverb® 2×12″ orange JBL®
- SilverJen: Vintage Fender® Twin Reverb® 2×12″ Jensen® C12K
- StrongBack: VHT® Fat Bottom 4×12″ Eminence® P50E
- The One: Brunetti® Neo1512 1×15″ + 1×12″
- Twill 15: Clark® Tweed Replica 1×15” OB Jensen® 1959
- Vibro Utah: Vintage 1961 Fender® Vibrolux® 1×12″ original Utah speaker
- Vibro V30: Vintage 1961 Fender® Vibrolux® 1×12″ Celestion® V30
- Voice 30: Original Vox® AC30 JMI 2×12″ Celestion® “Silver Bell”
- Voice 65: 1965 Vox® 2×12″
- VoiceModrn: Vox® V212H, 2×12″ Celestion® Alnico Blue
- Watt FanO: Hiwatt® 2×12″ Fane open back
- XTCab: Bogner® 4×12″ Celestion® V30
- 2Notes CSB: Two Notes Custom 1×15″
- Alu XL: Hartke® XL 4×10″
- AZ Ben: SWR® Big Ben 1×18″
- AZ Work: SWR® WorkingMan 4×10″
- Calif Low: Mesa/Boogie® 2×10″
- Fridge: Ampeg® 8×10″
- Heaven Bot: David Eden® 1×15″
- Heaven Top: David Eden® 4×10″
- Marco: Markbass® 2×10″
- New York: Markbass® 4×6″
- Rea One: AER® Cab One 2×10″
- Voice V125: Vox® V125 2×12″
- WGrandBlvd: Ampeg® B15N 1×15” CB Jensen® C15N, Vintage Ceramic
Note: All product names mentioned on this website are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Two Notes Audio Engineering.
- Choice of speaker cab and microphone
- Microphone position (distance, axis, front/back)
- Variphi: phase control
- Overload: natural speaker distortion control
Exciter (gain, frequency)
Compressor (theshold, ratio, attack and release time, make-up gain)
|History of changes made to the Torpedo Wall Of Sound since version 3
|Complete manual for the Torpedo Wall of Sound III plug-in, in English
|Complete manual for the Wall of Sound III plug-in, French version
|AAX version of the WoS plug-in for Mac (ProTools 10.3.6 +)
|AAX version of the WoS plug-in for Windows (ProTools 10.3.6 +)
|AU version of the WoS plug-in for Mac
|RTAS version of the WoS plug-in for Mac (ProTools 8, 9, 10)
|RTAS version of the WoS plug-in for Windows (ProTools 8, 9, 10)
|VST version of the WoS plug-in for Mac
|VST version of the WoS plug-in for Windows DAW 32bits
|VST version of the WoS plug-in for Windows DAW 64-bit
If you need to install and activate the plug-in on a computer that is not connected to the Internet, you first need to create your Two Notes account by clicking here:
You will find more information by clicking here.
You have a technical or commercial question? Please go to our FAQ & Customer Help Desk.
TORPEDO WoS III is a plug-in you can embed in your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) sequencer as an insert effect on a guitar or bass track.
It is designed to work perfectly with a guitar or bass preamplifier’s line output or with a tube amplifier and a loadbox (such as the Torpedo Reload, Live or Studio, for instance).
Click on the image here against for a visual representation of how to set up the plug-in.