the whole Two Notes team is proud to present the new Torpedo Remote V3! This new remote opens the hardware unit to “La Boutique”, our growing cabinets library including Two Notes cabinets but also Capture Masters cabinets.
First of all, please do NOT to do that update if you are currently in a recording process or 10 minutes away from a concert. The firmware updates involve a change in the tonal characteristics of your presets (for the better, of course ).
Please note that Torpedo Remote V3 is not compatible with the past versions of Torpedo firmwares. Once you install Remote V3, you will have to update your Torpedo VB-101, C.A.B. or Live. Remote V3 is not compatible with Torpedo VM-202. To proceed to the update, Torpedo Remote must be launched from a computer connected to a valid Internet connection, with your Torpedo VB-101, Live or C.A.B. connected via USB. The first step will be to create a Two Notes personal account. With the account, you access all the Two Notes online services (updates, cabinets on La Boutique, a universal license for all Torpedo products, support, etc…).
What’s new in Torpedo Remote V3.0?
- New GUI similar to WoS III.
- “La Boutique”, the in-app purchase system you loved in WoS III is now embedded in Remote.
- The cabinets you purchase in “La Boutique”, the Two Notes Store or your local Two Notes dealer are now compatible with Torpedo VB-101, Live et C.A.B.!
- The Capture Masters enters Remote: all the new Capture Masters cabinets are available for purchase. The Capture Masters cabinets are most of the time offered with 8 microphones, different from the original Torpedo collection, for even more possibilities!.
- Compatibility with the VB-101 firmware v3.101 : full stereo/Dual Mono, Quick Preview function…
- Compatibility with the Torpedo Live & C.A.B. V 2.10 firmware
With the new Torpedo remote you will be able to control the Torpedo VB-101, Live and C.A.B. with their new firmware. To update your Torpedo firmware, install Torpedo Remote and follow the on-screen information.
What’s new in your hardware Torpedo?
- VB-101 is now Stereo/Dual Mono!
- Amp & Line input can be used simultaneously.
- The virtual cabinets and the Torpedo audio processing have been re-engineered, especially the microphone placement (auto phase align), but also the Variphi and Overload parameter.
- You can load the cabinets bought in “La boutique” (from WoS III or Torpedo Remote)
- All the new Capture Masters cabinets are available for purchase. The Capture Masters cabinets are most of the time offered with 8 microphones, different from the original Torpedo collection, for even more possibilities!.
- Quick Preview function: fast load any cabinet file in a temporary slot in the VB-101, upload permanently the ones you want.
- Writing a cabinet file into the VB-101 is twice as fast.
- Changed the MIDI PC mapping to comply with the mostly used convention: a “PC 0″ message now selects preset 1. Preset 0 is selected with a “PC 100″ message.
- Added the character ‘-’ to the authorized characters for the Speaker and User files.
- Modification of Input Gain calibration.
Torpedo Live (V2.10) & C.A.B. (V2.10):
- The virtual cabinets and the Torpedo audio processing have been re-engineered, especially the microphone placement (auto phase align)
- All the new Capture Masters cabinets are available for purchase. The Capture Masters cabinets are offered with 8 microphones, most of the time different from the original Torpedo collection, for even more possibilities!.
- Global latency decrease: 2.9 previously, now 1.7ms (from Line Input to Line output).
- Access to the temporary preset (*) through the MIDI messagePC 101.
- Torpedo Live only : OUTPUT menu added to Setup. You can now configure the 2 SPDIF output channels the way you want, ie Dry/Dry, Dry/Wet, Wet/Dry and Wet/Wet. When using Dry/Dry or Dry/Wet, the Line (analog) output will send the dry signal too.
- Torpedo C.A.B. only: Entering the Setup menu doesn’t trigger the Hold A function anymore.